Porcelain Veneers – Skokie, IL
Give Your Smile a Fresh, New Look
When you look at your teeth in the mirror, do you notice their flaws? Do you want to hide your teeth as a result? Do you think that you need several different cosmetic procedures to correct them? Well, there’s a solution available that can help you cover up these imperfections without having to hide your smile altogether—porcelain veneers. Our Skokie office provides this great cosmetic dental solution to give you the smile you’ve always wanted and the confidence to let it show!
What are porcelain veneers?
These thin ceramic shells are adhered to the front surfaces of your teeth and enable you to immediately change the shape, size, and color of your teeth. They are used to conceal the following imperfections:
- Chipped or cracked teeth.
- Discoloration in teeth that doesn’t respond to whitening.
- Gaps between teeth.
- Misshapen teeth.
- Teeth that are worn down.
- Slightly crooked teeth.
At North Shore Dentistry, we use only the best dental labs and materials, so that you can enjoy results that look and feel great!
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
In addition to changing how your smile appears, porcelain veneers have many advantages, including the following:
- They look natural. Because they reflect light similarly to enamel, porcelain veneers appear just like natural teeth.
- They are versatile. If you have multiple flaws in the same tooth or across several teeth, a porcelain veneer can address them in one procedure.
- They are durable. The material is very strong and can certainly withstand normal wear and tear.
- They are stain resistant. In fact, porcelain veneers are better at resisting stains than tooth enamel.
What is the process for getting porcelain veneers?
After you and one of our experienced, talented dentists have decided that porcelain veneers are right for you, you will follow this general process:
- One of our dentists will remove a small amount of tooth enamel from the front surface of your teeth to make room for the veneers.
- Then, we will collect an impression of your mouth and send this information to a dental lab. We will then place temporary veneers while we wait for your custom ones to be made.
- The dental lab will craft your veneers specifically for you, adding in personalized details and flawless character. This process may take a few weeks.
- When the final products are finished, you will return to our office and have the veneers bonded to your teeth.
In as few as two appointments, you could completely revamp the look of your smile!
At North Shore Family Dentistry, we are committed to giving you treatment results that you’ll love for years to come. We look forward to helping you achieve your smile goals. Schedule a consultation with us today to get started!